May 31, 2009

Adopt not Buy

The other day I were flipping thru the newspaper in the office and  chance upon SPCA's advertisement. It kind of touch my heart. My first dog, Buffy, is adopted from SPCA 5 years ago. An abandon dog has now become the Empress Dowager of the family. The family has to dine at places that are dog friendly so that she can tag along.

She was adopted during my poly days. During exam period, I have to often burnt midnight oil, she never fail to accompany me till late night. At least I dont feel so lonely when burning the midnight oil. She will wait outside the toilet, be it I were doing business or bathing.

I have a total of 3 dogs now. Buffy, Oreo and Boy(my dad's retire dog). Dogs are the only animal in this world that will love your more than itself. If you have time and ready to commit for a 15 years companion, do consider to adopt. The amount of $$$, love and time you will definitely get 1 million times back from them.

Picture courtesy to SPCA webby.

No comments: