June 21, 2011

Children's friendly bus seat.

Some new SBS buses have this "Adult and child" seat located right behind the driver's seat. I personally find that this seat is very beneficiary to parents like us who often take buses with our child. Both the adult and child will have a comfortable space instead of just squeezing in 1 seat.

Unfortunately the daily bus that I take from the nanny's place back home does not have this facility. I hope SMRT can consider such type of seat to be implemented in their fleet of buses. There was once someone commented that I took up 2 seats in the bus and I was not being civic minded. Baby S is being carried by me, so most of the time we take up 1 seat. My son is growing up day by day and sometimes he just want to have a little space to stand. Together with my handbag, that day we just happened to occupy slightly a bit more than 1 seat. Oh well, I always try my best to just occupy 1 seat and most of the time like I mentioned we only take up 1 seat.

With this "Adult and child" seat, I guess parents with children will be able to enjoy the bus ride better and escape those critics which I find is pretty not understanding. I seriously hope SMRT can take in consideration of implementing this "Adult and child" seat.

No comments: