April 1, 2010

Milk Milk Milk

I have stop expressing milk and now I have more time to rest and take better care of Baby S.

I have been struggling for the past 2 months to keep expressing milk for Baby S. Like any Mummy, I believe that breast milk is the best for our baby. I do feel guilty to stop expressing at such early stages.

Im alone at home during the day time and there is really a lot for me to juggle. Due to his Baby S condition, he feed almost close to 1 hr for each feed. After his feed I have to change diapers, change his tape, wash his plate, pump milk, wash and sterilize bottle. Before I can do anything else Baby S screaming for milk again.... At times when he is really cranky, there is no way I can do anything except having him in my arms.

Due to the negligence of my care, Baby S down with thrush infection. Luckily Dr Lee spotted it early, if not the thrush infection will spread to his whole mouth and cause him hell lots of pain.

So I drop pumping of milk, I now can have more time feeding him and keep the hygiene level to the maximum level.

Luckily I did store a fair bit of milk for the past 2 months. If not I will feel more guilty.

My upper tray of the freezer is close to 3/4 full with EBM.

No comments: