February 16, 2009

Neighbours

Ever since we shifted in during end of 2007, our immediate neighbours have been on good term with us. Although we rarely talk to them, but we do greet each other with a smile or a simple greeting whenever we meet.

Despite having 2 dogs, they did not show any displease with us. We as  responsible dog owner do our part to prevent our dogs from being nusiance to our neighbours. Even the Malay uncle staying below us is kind to our dogs.

All were well except the family staying right above us. Every Saturday the children together with MANY grandchildren of the old lady come back for gathering. I do understand big family tend to have more kids and such weekly gathering as family are sweet. Just like my maternal family, we are big families who rtn on weekend for gathering.

But when such gathering become another family woes,  and tt family who is suffering is me!!! Back then before we officially move in, we already heard kids running and screaming ard, as we didnt stay long in the house we just put it behind our back. We didnt realise that such screaming, running, jumping was a weekly affairs.

Basically, every Saturday, we hear loud thumping sound from above and kids screaming on top of their voices. We went up a few times and spoke to them nicely to ask them to mellow their kids down.

Last Saturday was superb, I heard my room light trembling!!!! As my light have a metal frame surrounding the glass panel, the metal frame trembling sound was obvious. In the past we only hear loud thumping sound and kids screaming. Now even my light is trembling!!! Things got really from bad to worse.

As usual, HB went up to ask them to mellow their kids down. One of the father of kids actually started flaring at HB. The mothers of the kids also join in arguement. How come we went up to tell you nicely to mellow down the kids but in the end we got 3 adults shouting against 1? Initally I didnt went up when HB went up to tell them nicely abt our situation, after a while HB didnt came down, I knew something went wrong. I head up to tk a look, to my shock all the 3 of them were screaming at HB.

HB nvr in my life pick a arguement with others, he might be unhappy abt situation but he will nvr pick a quarrel and chose to leave the situtation.

I went up to them and hear what they had to say. Its was really tough when 3 of them yelling at the same time. They even threaten us to call police and lodge complain report to authority. I would have done that early on if I dont care abt the neighbour relationship. Cos I nvr believe in resorting to such extreme unkind acts and spoil the neighbour relationship.

They accuse HB saying that we have a baby resting below, and many times we told them we dont have a baby below. But they insisted HB say that. I believe its due to 3 of them screaming at the same time and mis heard HB words.

We also tell them many times, that Saturday is our rest day. Everyone work from Mon to Fri and need a break on Saturday at home to get sufficent rest. Our rest at home nvr seem at peace with the thumping sound. Our home seem like going thru earthquake every Saturday. 

Were our request unreasonable? We merely request ur kids not to jump ard. We can tolerate occasional noise but not to the extend when my light is trembling.

They insisted that their kids did not jump. Oh well HB caught the little girl admit that she was jumping in the room just now. The boy was all drenched with sweats. How can ur kids be drenched with sweats when they merely sit down and play game boy as your say.  

After a long and tiring negotitation, they finally agreed that they will not let their kids play in the master bedroom and study room. We compromise. As long as they dont get overboard on the jumping and stay away from the room, we are willing to give in. 

Anyway I have not even mention the unkind words they hauled at us when we didnt even say anything sarcastic at them.  

HB ask me, you think they will keep their promise? Oh well if things really get out of hands, then I will need to apologise for asking the authority to assist on such situation.

I feel so sorry for HB the other day. Poor him caught in such unkind situtation.

No comments: