January 8, 2009

Outstationed

I have been posted to Batam Office on 02/01/09 to 03/01/2009. My CO send me to guide the CSO on the new system. Woke up at 530am, rise and shine, make up, rush to Harbour Front to board the ferry to Batam. My ferry was 755am, have to reach there by 710am. Took a quick breakfast with HB and rush for the ferry.

I reached Batam at 755am Batam timing. Batam is 1 hour behind our time. Went to nearby grab breakfast, wanna get some sandwich but they only have burger. Breakfast cost abt $35000 Rupiah. Seem a lot huh, actually only cost abt $4 in Singapore. Very affordable compare to Singapore, I don’t think we can get a burger with fries and mineral water at $4.

Colleague from Batam office pick me up and fetch me to office. Soon operation started kicking off in the office. I’m really impressed with their operation system and working attitude.

The CSO took their initiative and approach me to teach them on the system. Hence I go thru the system with them. They were really hardworking workers, they not only pay serious attention to my teaching and they could start running the system w/o much guidance. Their working attitude is something I admire most. They never flare when meet up with problems on the system, in fact they go “Jas hahaha help me”, their laughter lighten up the tension of the whole operation and my foreign present.

When I went thru their work, out of 10 only 1 minor mistake found. When I pointed out the mistake to them, they don’t show unhappiness to me. I just love the way N goes “hahaha Jas give me discount on this BL”

The first day operation ended at almost 8pm. Went to pick up HB from the ferry terminal and they also brought us to dinner. Actually I feel very paiseh, they can leave after work but all becos of me they need to accompany me to dinner.

Second day operation was smooth until our super attitude IT Engineer is here. It was one whole afternoon bickering with him on the system amendment. It was a very blood puking experience. I left at almost 5pm. Quickly check out the hotel and head for the ferry terminal.

I kind of miss them and their food. Their so friendly, they bring me ard for meal and I didn’t fork out a single cents…… I miss the KOPI SUSU, Lontong and this fish cake delicacy call “Umpek Umpek” Im not sure whether I got the correct spelling.

Will definitely go back for holiday again.

Kind of slow in my updating of my blog. Been very tired lately….. My gastric have been tormenting me for almost to 1 mth. Most of the time when I reach home I KO after dinner.

No comments: