December 23, 2008

Respect

JC blog abt Respect recently, upon reading it I also like to share my thoughts on “Respect”


 


Many of us want respect from others, but however do we respect pple in the first place. “Respect” is like a mirror, when u smile the reflection smile back at you, but when u frown similarly the reflection frown back at you. Yes Im almost close to my point. First you need to know how to respect and love yourself. This will trigger your smile, when you smile (give pple the respect), the reflection will smile back at you (pple give you back the respect).


 


Many times most pple go stomping ard asking for respect becos he/she hold certain position or maybe is a senior. Respect is being gain not demand. Why some managers or aunty/uncle or more well liked than the others? I will really say its becos they really know how to respect pple sincerely.


 


So do we not respect pple for demand for respect? For me, I only give the most basic. Which means I will put on a very fake smile and simply brush thru whatever.


 


Sometimes I wonder, if pple didn’t give you the respect in the first place. Will you simply ignore that person/ show disrespect to that person/ go the extra mile to give the respect despite not receiving respect?  

1 comment:

mikewalzman said...

I would agree with you that if you don't have respect for yourself, then people wont respect you and that goes for any characteristic. If your sad all the time, you'll most likely be surrounded by people who make you sad. Happiness and all the other positive characteristics are so much more contagious and more fun to have!