May 16, 2011

The Singapore I love.

The hardware shop in my neighbourhood just started business for the day. The boss was busy pushing the racks out.

Me:老板, 有卖小孩子的椅子吗?
Boss: 有! 你给我一下子, 我把这些推出来.
Me:老板, 慢慢来.

A Malay man came in and wanted to look for something.

MM: Brother got XXX or not.
Boss: Abang wait ar, I push this out then I get for you.
MM: No problem brother. You need help or not?
Boss: It's okay.

Boss: 小妹, 我推这个出来你就可以进去选.

After pushing out the racks he went to get the stuff that the Malay man needed.

Boss: Abang, this type can or not.
MM: Can lah.

I chose the chair and paid at the counter.
Me: 老板, 謝謝你.
Boss: 不用客气.

MM: Ehh brother Thanks ar.
Boss: No problem.

We might not speak the best English and Chinese but it's these little things that make us Singaporeans. Let's all come together and make this country a better place by simply showing each other some courtesy, respect and help in our daily lives.

A better nation starts from YOU and ME.

No comments: