September 4, 2010

Busy especially with sick bug

Sorry for not updating the blog for 1 whole week. I was very busy lately with the same old thing(work, housework chores, baby and etc.). Never mind I'm always very busy. Haiz....

Well things didn't get any better with sick bug sticking to us like superglue. I was sick 3 weeks ago, when I thought I was fully recovered, I started to sneeze and cough again. While the runny nose was easily controlled under the new medication and nasonex, the cough was not a very serious one but is with me for 1 week and is still with me. >.<"'

Granny A had blood pressure rose to a scary level so she took a day off and I also had to take a day off from work to look after Baby S.

Baby S is sick, VERY sick...... I was the one who pass the nasty virus to him. He started with minor cough, on Wednesday early morning, 3am, I realised he was running fever and he was coughing very badly. Quickly give him panadol and cough syrup. Fever and cough subsided during the day but came back with runny nose in the evening. So we brought him to the nearby GP and was given medication for runny nose and reducing of phlegm.

When I was changing his diaper, I spotted some blister on his butt. I thought it was the normal diaper rash but it got worse the next day. Google the net and understand that blister at the butt is one of the symptom for HFMD. After checking with bestie and cousin, best solutions is to rush him to PD.

According to Dr Teo, the blister on his butt look like those HFMD blister. Dr Teo suspect he might have contracted both HFMD and cough virus or he probably had only cough virus and those is only bad diaper rash that are cause by poor immune. He told us to monitor for 2 days for more rashes, if there are more rashes spread to other area than its confirmed Baby S down with HFMD. We were told to stay home for these few days. We left the clinic with more medicine.

Luckily today there isnt any new rashes appearing, we are hoping the same for tomorrow. His fever and cough is slightly better today. I hope he get well soon. It pain me to see him being sick.

No comments: