June 6, 2010

Bonding

I couldn't directly breastfeed Sheldon due to his condition and that is really a killing point for me. Breastfeed provides the best bonding session between the mother and child.

After heading back to office for about 1.5 months, my time with Sheldon is much lesser. Sometimes we just need to pat him a little while and off he goes to dreamland. At times, Sheldon is able to sleep on his on.

Today I carried Sheldon until he fall asleep and I slept with him in my hands. When I woke up, I feel so bonded with Sheldon again. When Sheldon was much younger, we used to carry him to sleep because he was still feeling insecure. I didn't recall when did Sheldon outgrown this, but it was a bonding session that we didn't realise at that moment.

Children really grow up very fast, as parent we should spend as much quality time as possible with them. Because once they outgrown their childhood, you will never be able to go back again.

No comments: