May 4, 2010

My last day at home with Sheldon

Today marks the last day of my maternity leave. Im returning to work tml and will consume the rest of the ML during Sheldon's surgery.

1st month was Confinement Period, with Mom's presence a lot things get done easily.

2nd & 3rd month, Mom head back to work and Im all alone with Sheldon. The initial few weeks, I literally went on with an empty stomach for the whole day as I not confidence to bring Sheldon out all by myself. When Sheldon much settle down, then I head down with him to get my lunch but at times when he decided to nap and nap, I will have to give up my lunch.

Rushing in the morning twice a week for his orthodontics appointment was a BIG challenge esp when Sheldon demand for his milk when you are about to step out of the house. Most of the time we turn up late for the appointment.

Im so sleep deprived that there was once I slept while sitting in the toilet bowl, if Sheldon had not cried I would probably be continuing sleeping. I never had dark circles in my life despite those crazy late nights I used to have during my younger days. Im stuck with 2 panda eyes, Im not sure whether it will go away esp when now I have to return to work.

I spend so much time on Sheldon that, I totally forgot about myself. Most of the time, I look like a lunatics with messy hair. I never have any time for skin until they turn so DRY and Painful now. Due to all the washing, my hands feel like a 80 yr old grandma hands.

I didn't know a mother can go so far for her child. The "old" me was totally gone!!! The one who will die w/o splashing all the toner and cream on the face, cant go out with make up and heels. Most of the time Im in 3/4 cotton pants and plain t-shirt. If there is a need to go out, yes its slippers. 100% like an AUNTY!!!!

Im quite glad Im heading back to work as my life would be more scheduled. With my mom quitting her job to take care of Sheldon, my life will be so much easier and definitely less stressful. Than again Im will be missing Sheldon badly!!!!

Im so going for run every evening to lose that 5 kgm of fats!!!

No comments: