December 18, 2008

DND 2008 - Costumes

This year DND theme is Splash of Colours. In conjunction of our company logo, the main colours shall be BLUE and RED. Its pretty hard to match red and blue clothing.

Lately Channel 8 is showing Little Nyonya, their colourful costumes strike me. After asking around, I went to People Park Complex to take a look. Finally I found the shop that sell Peranakan clothing. The lady boss Hubby is a Babas and they do a lot of custom made Peranakan clothing.

I told her my theme, she show me 2 set of Baju Kebaya. First set was a dark red Kebaya and dark blue Sarong. Second set was a light blue Kebaya and red Sarong. I couldnt make up the decision becos both are equally gorgeous. Lady boss advise me to take the second set as light colours suit youngster more. She did show me a yellow Baju Kebaya, I fell in love at first sight. But I didnt get it as it didnt match my DND theme.

The Baju Kebaya is not cheap!!! This set cause me $148 and the Kerosang(brooch) cause me $35. The Lady boss explain that the Baju Kebaya is high end hand embroided. She made to measure the Sarong and altered the Kebaya for me.

A little embarrassing when she measured my waist and hip. She commented "Mei Mei your waist line (23 inch) is so slim and you have "big and full" backside (34.5inch). I was rather embarrass when she said that.

I didnt get the Kasut Manek becos, its not practical cos I wont be wearing it often. I match it with a red bling bling heels.

2 comments:

janet said...

hey, i really like ur kebayas. Gorgeous! and not 老气. Ter's some problem with the DND best dress committee... Either they din see u cos u stay too low profile or their eyes tak stamp. Red & Blue + Splash of Colours! I both hands & legs voted for you : Best Dressed!

Jas said...

Hey babe tks so much. That night I also rcv many compliments on my Kebaya. 我是你们心目中的 Best Dressed 就足够了.